Syria main destinations
Information about Syria
- Geographic location: Syria is an Arabic country, located in the south-west of Asia and borders Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey and Israel.
- Capital: Damascus
- Language: Arabic
- Travel documents required: With the exception of the Arabic countries, most visitors require a visa to enter Syria. It's advisable to obtain a visa entering the country and preferably from your own country.
- Voltage used : 220 volts at 50Hz
- Time zone: GMT+2
- Dialling code: (+963)
- Climate: Syria enjoys a largely Mediterranean climate, with hot summers and mild winters.
- Vaccines: Vacinations recommended include diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Malaria, Chloroquine and Tetanus. Yellow Fever vacinations are only required if you arrive from a country where the disease is present.
- Currency: Syrian pound