Slovenia main destinations
Information about Slovenia
- Geographic location: Slovenia is located in southern Europe, and benefits from being both a moutain and coastal country. It is also bordered by Italy, Croatia, Hungary and Austria.
- Capital: Ljublijana
- Language: Slovene
- Travel documents required: Residents from EU and Switzerland can enter Slovenia with a valid identity card or passport for stays up to 30 days. Citizens from Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and the USA, do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days. For more information, consult www.mzz.gov.si.
- Voltage used : 230 volts at 50Hz
- Time zone: GMT +1
- Dialling code: (+386)
- Climate: Slovenia has a temperate climate with four distinctive seasons. Winters run from November to March and there's ample snow for skiing in the mountains, making the summer months the most pleasent time to visit.
- Vaccines: No vacinations are required.
- Currency: Euro
Popular destinations in Slovenia
- Nova Gorica