Bahamas main destinations
Information about Bahamas
- Geographic location: The Bahamas is located south east of the USA, and is formed by an archipeligo of 700 islands and 2,000 cays.
- Capital: Nassau, New Providence
- Language: English
- Travel documents required: A visa is not required from EU, US and Commonwealth country visitors for stays of up to eight months. Other visitors should consult the embassy.
- Voltage used : 120 volts
- Time zone: GMT-5
- Dialling code: (+1 242)
- Climate: Temperatures in the Bahamas range from with either warm to hot and sunny year round. Hurricane season is from June to November.
- Vaccines: English
- Currency: Bahamian dollar (but US currency can be used)